Fight against Coronavirus
Keeping a clean home and proper hygiene are more important now than ever
As we try to fight the spread of COVID-19, we all need to ensure that our hygiene and protection standards will remain high.
A study proved that COVID-19 can survive on surfaces, such as worktops or door handles, for up to three days. The virus was detected on plastic and stainless steel for up to 72 hours after exposure and on cardboard for up to 24 hours.
In this season, you may want to take a few extra steps in your daily cleaning routine to ensure your home remains as germ-free as possible. And this is where a steam cleaner can help, eliminating germs and bacteria so you can maintain a healthy and hygienic home.
Aside from thoroughly cleaning your home, UK National Health Service suggests that steam cleaning is effective against germs and can help to disinfect curtains, carpets, soft furnishings, and other surfaces. Heat at temperatures over 77°C is the best killer of bacteria and viruses, and the temperature a steamer can produce is much higher than that.
Cleaning and disinfecting tips to remember:
• Pre-clean any surfaces prior to disinfecting to remove any excess dirt or grime.
• After disinfecting, let the surface air dry as recommended on the product label.
• If disinfecting food contact surfaces or toys, rinse with water after they air dry.
• Pay particular attention to disinfecting things that come into frequent contact with your hands, like your phone.
• If using a disinfectant wipe, throw out after using.
We know that times like this are scary, but we can gain some peace of mind by doing the best we can under the circumstances. After all, if we’re spending more time at home, a deep clean might be just the thing to keep your mind occupied.
Proper hygiene can help to reduce the spread of Covid-19:
As per Australia's Health Government, everyone can slow the spread of COVID-19 by washing their hands frequently, covering their coughs, putting tissues straight into a bin, avoiding touching their eyes, nose and mouth, cleaning regularly used objects and surfaces and ventilating their home or work space.
- Proper handwashing is particularly important in preventing the spread of germs. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, including the backs of your hands, between your fingers and under your nails.
- Hand Sanitizer, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers; this can be a useful alternative if soap and water are not readily available. Rub hands together briskly, including the front and back, between fingers, around and under nails until hands are dry.
- Clean and Disinfect frequently used objects such as mobile phones, keys, wallets, and work passes.
- Wear mask, particularly when you are taking care of a person with suspected COVID, surgical mask can help to prevent transmission of respiratory viruses from people who are ill. It is important to wear a mask properly and practice good hand hygiene before wearing and after removing a mask.
How to wear medical masks to protect against Coronavirus:
Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Tags: Coronavirus, corona 2019, covid19, novel corona virus, australia fight corona, corona safety, precautions for corona, safety tips for corona, Australia, Stay Home, Stay Safe, coronavirus safety measures, coronavirus disease advice, Prevention of Coronavirus, coronavirus information, Coronavirus in Australia, daily news of coronavirus, coronavirus update